Thursday, May 18, 2006

FRENCH FRY CRINKLE CUPS!!!


Chefs Catalog (The Best Kitchen Starts Here) has a "NEW" item that defies belief.

On page 21 you will find, and I quote verbatim: "Porcelain renditions of the paper French fry cups popular with street vendors in Brussels make a big impression at the table. Our tall cups are tapered to hold a cluster of pommes frites and include a side crinkle that furthers the paper illusion and makes it easy to hold at parties, too. Oven-, microwave- and dishwasher-safe. Made in France. Set of two: $24.99"

A penny shy of twenty-five bucks for two "porcelain renditions" of a paper cup? You gotta be kidding, although I will admit that the "crinkle" is a nice touch. If this really does impress your friends, I would guess that you are a card-carrying member of the Texas Lyceum.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checked my new catalog and....GASP....there it is, just as you said. now if only somebody could make the real pomme frites the way they sould be made....not the way the french fry cutter ,item F, advertised right next to the crinkle cups, turns them out....have they no shame?....mrn....by the way, robbie, mine are quite good....

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger larry o.j. said...

going to france in 2 weeks. makes me want to add to my usual "thievery" items like beer mugs - if only I eat in some place uptown enough to serve me in a $13 imitation paper cup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home