Sunday, September 04, 2005

It's "Throw Up" Not "Throw Back"


Who the hell decided to have the University of Wisconsin football team wear "throw back" uniforms in their opener against Bowling Green? I usually enjoy teams that pay homage to a previous era, but when your helmet is as stupid as this it just isn't a good idea. As many of you know, the U of W is ranked as a top ten party school year in and year out. That, to me, is a far more interesting and important statistic than any middling academic ranking such cumulative SAT scores or the number of Fulbright Scholars on campus. I'd seriosuly think about sending my kids there if I had any. GO BADGERS -- but please go back to your current helmets asap...

Before closing, I must mention Clemson's stunning 25-24 victory over TEXAS A&M -- a truly classic upset that went down to the final two seconds in historic Death Valley. Pooooooor Aggies...

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got a ten spot on the aggies over tu this thanksgiving....bobby....want some action?....

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Us Cheeseheads would like to apologize to the rest of the nation for those ridiculous helmets. I'm quite sure the "W" stands for either, "What the F are we thinking with these??", or, "Who thought up these pieces of sh*t?"

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have football helmet blog site you may want to visit. (just because mr. spamblogger hasn't left a message here yet).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home