Wednesday, August 17, 2005

IMPRESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND -- Part I


The 8th Annual Crested Butte Reel Fest was a tremendous success by all standards. There were over eighty deserving short films screened as well as pristine 35mm prints of both EASY RIDER and PAPER MOON thanks to the generosity of our Honorary Festival Chairman -- Laszlo Kovacs. In addition, BE HERE TO LOVE ME (A Film About Townes Van Zandt) played to an overflow audience. From among all those films, it was this documentary that provided the single best lines of dialogue:

British Interviewer: "Mr. Van Zandt, why is it that all of your songs are sad?"

Townes Van Zandt: "Not all of my songs are sad, why I have at least three or four that are hopeless."

As they say, the truly great die young...

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must get myself to Reel Fest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home