Thursday, November 17, 2005

THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES















"Wandering aound our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I'm not the same me I was." -- Ernesto Guevara de la Serna

Welcome to EASY RIDER SOUTH.

The year is 1952. Two young men embark on a journey of discovery; it is a journey of over 10,000 miles -- from Argentina to Chile to Peru and beyond. Adapted from books written by both participants, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara and Alberto Granado, THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES is a beautifully photographed film with excellent production values throughout. Winner of the Oscar for Best Original Song and nominated for Best Screenplay Based On Material Previously Published or Produced, DIARIES went on to garner 24 other international awards and received an additional 34 major international award nominations. Clearly this is a film worthy of your time and mine.

In the final analysis, however, the film fails to fully explain the future revolutionary success of Che Guevara and for that I feel a bit disappointed. Historically, there is no disputing this man's passion or his brilliance, but the waters of Lake Titicaca are far clearer than the character arc developed by Director Walter Salles. This is a shame -- THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES could have been even better...

5 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Jeri Kemple to the Life Sciences Blogs
You may have noticed a new name around these parts by now, particularly on The Cancer Blog and The Cardio Blog .
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous mrn said...

take your spam blogs and shove them up your spam ass....in short....fuck off....on second thought, drive a piece of construction equipment up your spam ass....mrn

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Outdoor Electronics said...

Hello,
I was out blogging and ran across your blog. From what little time I got to spend on your blog, everything looks good. I will return for future visits.

Best Regards,
http://www.butleroutdoorstore.com

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you love mini trucks then you'll love my web site mini trucks. I've been involved with mini trucks since 1960 and my mini trucks web site has been up since 1995. If you love mini trucks you need to check it out. Thanks for letting me post on your blog.

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a motorcycle site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home