Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bochco Botches Battle Scenes

Last night the much-awaited premiere of Steven Bochco's "OVER THERE" aired on the FX Network. For nearly four decades Mr. Bochco has created some of the finest televison programs ever made: "L.A. LAW", "HILL STREET BLUES" and "NYPD BLUE" to name only a few. His controversial new show will, I am sure, evolve into a classic as well, and all-in-all the opening installment was a big step towards his possibly winning an eleventh Emmy.

Having said this, I must also point out that, much to my surprise, the battle scenes were clumsily shot and disappointing in terms of both drama and realism. In fact, these key scenes were as engaging to watch as a paint ball skirmish I once observed between two groups of Ernst & Winney accountants. Given Mr. Bocho's proven capabilities, I cannot help but believe future battle scenes will resonate with greater authenticity. I know I'll tune in next week; I encourage you to do the same.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...anyone know when COP ROCK is on?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here, Here! Think I would rather watch the "Crock Guy" swinging kids around!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again to night I watched another "showing" of BOCHOS views.And Pissed off is not the word for my feelings(^@#$^**) How dare he ATTEMPT to hide his political views behind FX TV. And shame on them for allowing him to keep going with his BS. If you go to their website there is no way to email them or complain about the political campaign they are showing. Hmmmmmmm. Anyone with a brain can see past the sand storm for the hippie with the peace sign, joint in his mouth, and Canadian flag in his hand. HEY DUDE TO MANY ACID TRIPS,DUDE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home